For over 17 years I have run a reselling business that has helped support my family financially and honestly I don't think I would be successful today if it wasn't for the support of my family and the drive for me to always do the best I can. Balancing work and family is never an easy task, especially when you are working for yourself. This business has so many ups and downs that most people can't handle reselling and end up getting a job. By all means this is not an easy job and it requires a lot of education, time and patience! This is even more true for those that are just starting out because they are starting from scratch!
My reselling has really supported my family financially for a long time and it has allowed me to spend more time with my family, which is the most important thing in the world to me. From helping my wife get her degree, to moving across the country so my wife can live her dreams, spending time with my kids but being FREE from the corporate rat race. Let me tell you that my journey has not been an easy one, with all the success I have had there has been lots of dark times in my life but at the end of the day I fought off those demons and made a life for my family! This journey is far from over and I have a lot of work ahead of me but I couldn't have done it without my family! I Love you Guys!
Here are 5 tips that have helped me that I would like to share with you.
- Manage your time, don't get caught up into dark holes of days and days of constant listing with no breaks.
- Communicate with your wife and kids, this is crucial because if you don't communicate well it is more than likely your marriage won't last
- Set up weekly activities like a family game night, night out at the movies, date night, etc.
- Plan a vacation and track the progress of saving money. There is no greater feeling than saving money over time to accomplish a goal
- Never let ecommerce own you, what I mean is don't get depressed, upset or give up if things don't go your way. This is a marathon not a sprint, keep a level head and you will be just fine if you set goals, take action and don't look back.